Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Last Math Blog Year Two

It has all come to an end. This will be my final post from my math class of year 2. It has been an amazing experience and I feel that my mindset has grown a lot over the last 6 weeks. I am really happy with the work that has been done in my time in the class. I really enjoyed using online tools to create lessons and broaden my background in mathematics. I am also thankful that we had the opportunity to create a math unit plan that I can use in my class and when I am in my placement. It is often hard to come up with different ideas and differentiate instruction but with the help of my peers we were able to create an amazing unit plan that I would be happy to use and show to my other colleagues.

I think the biggest improvement in my development as a math teacher would be the ability to incorporate technology and manipulative's into the class. Experiencing all of the webinars really provided great insight into the world of teaching with technologies. Often traditional math excludes the idea of resources outside of just pen, paper and calculator. As an educator I want to avoid that mindset and adopt the various technologies and games that we learned about throughout the course into my classroom. I also enjoyed the different manipulative's that were discussed in that class. The use of manipulative's inspired my lesson on multiplying single digit numbers by multi-digit numbers. I really wanted to do a lesson that used both physical objects and visual representations to teach a more difficult topic in grade 4 math.

The link to my lesson is below.

Math Lesson- Multiplying single digit numbers by multi-digit numbers

Finally, I think that i am ready to tackle my final placements as my second year of teachers college comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment